Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have the nexplanon implant but I’ve been having breast

I have the nexplanon implant but I’ve been having breast pain and my nipples are very sensitive (they’re not usually) I’ve been feeling nauseas but not being sick, I’ve been having cramps not severe but they’re their I’ve also been bleeding the last few days but it’s light pink and never enough blood to have to wear a pad or a tampon I usually am quite heavy with brown blood
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: good I haven’t had an illnesses as of late
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello and welcome. How old are you?

How long have you had the nexplanon? Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’m 20 and 8 months
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don’t have the money for the live call

Your symptoms are highly unlikely to be from pregnancy, since the nexplanon is so effective. They are more likely to be from the nexplanon and your own hormonal changes.

I might do a pregnancy test, just to be sure. As long as it's negative, you know the symptoms are not from pregnancy. Assuming that your test is negative, I would give it some time. The symptoms will likely resolve on their own. Best regards.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did do a pregnancy test a few days ago it was negative but then the nausea started

Since the nausea began after the negative test, I would repeat the test.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay thank you

You're very welcome.

Thank you for your payment and rating.