Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Today i have make me a pregnancy test, it is positive, so i

hello, today i have make me a pregnancy test, it is positive, so i am really very happy for that. In a past i have had 3 missed aborts, i dont wanna loose this one. All of them was between 7-9 weeks of pregnancy. I have spoke with my GP, but midwafe is working only wednesday. I am pretty sure, that i will need any support medication for case to hold this pregnancy. Is there whatever what i can do to make me sure, that it will be not the same and that i will not loose a next baby, please? i am 35 so that is more important for me also. Thank you for reply forward
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, have you gone in for a first-trimester ultrasound or any tests? What are all the medications you're using?
Customer: i am not using any medication and i have only prgnancy test
JA: Thanks for that. Are you taking any vitamins? How frequently per week do you exercise?
Customer: no, i am not taking any vitamins
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: yes, i have uterus bicornis, that is the reason why is so dificult to hold my baby. i think that is the most importatnt information
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. The bicornuate uterus is likely the reason for miscarriage. There is no medication that can fix this. If the pregnancy implants in the smaller horn of the uterus, it will be a miscarriage. If it implants in the larger horn, than it can progress forward. This uterine problem increase the risk of second trimester loss so your pregnancy and cervix will be monitored more closely. It also increases risk of preterm delivery. You will need to rest towards the end of pregnancy. I hope this helps. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry i did mistake, now i can see where i can write. I have son, he is 9 and i did used duphaston in first trimester and i think, that was help to hold my pregnancy. Is here any chance to have any medication thouse can help me stay positive that it will be all ok? I hope there is any chance to have some support medication thank you for reply
If you used duphaston the first time then you should use it this time as well. It needs to be started as soon as possible. You should contact gp for a prescription
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank You and please do You know to tell me is there needed talk before with midwife or can i call and talk straight away with my gp? Thank You for All your answers
You should get the prescription from whomever will respond first. Its fine to go straight to gp. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.