How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Brown Your Own Question
Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4079
Experience:  GP in Sussex
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Tim Brown is online now

I am 25 and I am trying to get pregnant since 2 years now

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am 25 and I am trying to get pregnant since 2 years now And no success yet
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Any advice?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question. Please can I ask if you or your partner have had previous children? and have you had any tests for fertility to date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello doctor,
No it's our first try this,
I usually use fertility apps to predict my ovulation day.
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I certainly appreciate it is a rather stressful thing, especially when you get to 2 years. Regarding 2 years, this is the time when you should consider having investigations done. A general rule is that approx 80% of couples with normal fertility will take up to 2 years to fall pregnant.

There are a few things to start with, some of which you may have already started. First is to take pre-conception supplements, these are available for females and males. If you smoke or are overweight, stopping, and try to reduce your weight can help improve your chances.

Following on from that, for yourself you need to arrange some blood tests, these are to check for simple causes that can affect fertility as well as checking if you can ovulate, you should also have a ultrasound of your pelvis to ensure all is okay. For your partner, they need to arrange a semen analysis test. This is very important and no fertility referral is accepted without this. All of these can be done by asking your GP (or GPs if you are registered to different doctors).

Once these investigations have been done, a fertility referral would then be accepted and your would see a specialist to discuss the results and if further investigation is needed, or if medication is needed to assist ovulation etc.

Sorry for the long message, but that 'in short' is the route you should now consider taking

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I am just following up to see if my response was of any help to you at all? Thanks