Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I took a HIV 3rd Generation Insti test at 6 weeks exactly

Hello. I took a HIV 3rd Generation Insti test at 6 weeks exactly post exposure. Would you be able to have a look st the rapid test by sending it to you if possible? I just want to confirm it's definitely negative.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I understand your concern.

The dot is definitely is at the control end and the test is definitely negative.

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello doctor. Thank you. Could I ask I follow up question. I have spent hours zooming and out on the photo and changing the contrast of the picture on my phone and when I zoom in, it's like a can see a faint shadow.If this result was a positive result at 6 weeks would the test spot be completely clear?

It should be the same dot as the one you are seeing there, even if it positive.

So it is definitely negative.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.