Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

My mother who's 58, she's in her 5th year of menopause and

Hi, my mother who's 58, she's in her 5th year of menopause and the past month has experienced itchiness in her groin area. The itchiness is worse the evening. I've attatched pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (47L435M)
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. It looks like she has a bad yeast infection. You can treat that with clotrimazole cream. Twice a day. Its over the counter. Rarely the white areas are lichen sclerosis. That is diagnosis by biopsy. And treated with a steroid cream. So if she doesn’t improve after treating with clotrimazole, she needs to see a dr in person. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** should she use the clotrimazole cream for?
A week to 10 days. It should improve by then. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.