Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

Thank you for answering me. My period was due on 31st but I

Customer Question

Hi yes thank you for answering me. My period was due on 31st but I still haven’t got it so it’s been a weeks late. I did a pregnancy test on 21st, 24th and the 7th June, this morning, all come back negative. And I had protected sex on 13th May. I am worried sick if I am pregnant. Should I do a blood pregnancy test? If not is it common to miss one period, what other causes are there?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No any pain that I am aware of. I took Yasmin combined pill for a month in Feb and then stopped. After that I had a period in mid March. Then the start of April, then the start of May. Since the last two period is within the menstual cycle I thought that was a sign of me return back to my 28 day cycle but this month I didn’t get my period I used the clear blue digital test for the three tests and all come back negative. Could there still be a chance for pregnant?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have cervical ectropion and uti three times last year
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

You do not have to do a blood pregnancy test.

Apart from pregnancy, there are other causes of missed or delayed periods also;

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions

2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities

3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders

4) Sudden weight loss or gain

5) Excessive physical activity

6) Hyperprolactinemia

Read the resource under the heading secondary amenorrhea;

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/amenorrhea/symptoms-causes/syc-20369299

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001219.htm

The laboratory testing done for the absence of period (termed as secondary amenorrhea) should include measurements of serum prolactin, thyrotropin, and FSH to test for hyperprolactinemia, thyroid disease, and ovarian failure.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.