Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I experienced a vanishing twin within my pregnancy at around

I experienced a vanishing twin within my pregnancy at around 6/7 weeks the second twin wasn’t growing properly. The first twin is still okay and growing to date with healthy size and heartbeat. The scan I just had at 9 weeks revealed a heartbeat and growth. Today I have woken up extremely anxious that something is wrong I don’t know why and it is really scaring me. I am worried something is wrong with the healthy twin. Looking for reassurance
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. A good heartbeat in a 9 week fetus is very reassuring and decreases your miscarriage rate to 1-2 percent. It essentially means you do not need to worry about first trimester loss any more. Pregnancy causes a lot of anxiety. Many women worry about their babies throughout the pregnancy. I guess its the first part of motherhood. Its very common and normal. In terms of the vanishing twin, when it occurs early it doesn’t affect the pregnancy at all. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I just had a feeling in my tummy that something isn’t right (not pain) but feels like the baby isn’t okay. I have panicked and got myself into stress; after reading many bad stories on google of pregnancy loss at 10 weeks. I was going to book a scan but only had one 4 days ago so don’t want to spend more money
Theres no need at all to do that. I’m sure you and baby are fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind reassurance