Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I think I have genital warts

I think I have genital warts
Please describe what you are seeing or upload a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Genital warts look like tiny cauliflower like growths. They grow in clusters
Genital warts are often diagnosed by appearance. Sometimes a biopsy might be necessary.
Genital wart treatments that can be applied directly to your skin include:Imiquimod (Aldara, Zyclara). This cream appears to boost your immune system's ability to fight genital warts. Avoid sexual contact while the cream is on your skin. It might weaken condoms and diaphragms and irritate your partner's skin.One possible side effect is skin redness. Other side effects might include blisters, body aches or pain, a cough, rashes, and fatigue.Podophyllin and podofilox (Condylox). Podophyllin is a plant-based resin that destroys genital wart tissue. Your doctor applies this solution. Podofilox contains the same active compound, but you can apply it at home.Never apply podofilox internally. Additionally, this medication isn't recommended for use during pregnancy. Side effects can include mild skin irritation, sores or pain.Trichloroacetic acid. This chemical treatment burns off genital warts, and can be used for internal warts. Side effects can include mild skin irritation, sores or pain.
Sinecatechins (Veregen). This cream is used for treatment of external genital warts and warts in or around the anal canal. Side effects, such as reddening of the skin, itching or burning, and pain, are often mild.
Don't try to treat genital warts with over-the-counter wart removers. These medications aren't intended for use in the genital area.Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** safe to have sexual intercourse again ?
You will be infectious until the warts are removed and no new ones have regrown for three months. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.