Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

I have my period for 10 days now with very little flow. I am

I have my period for 10 days now with very little flow. I am not sexually active
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: i am not in pain and it's usually regular with 21 days cycle and it lasts 5 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i am not on any medication and don't have any conditions
Hello.
I am Dr vazsv.
I am here to help you.Please let me know your exact issues..Is this the first time your bleeding is prolonged?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I think the last time it was that long was couple of years ago. what's new here is I went hiking and it was a heavier exercise than what I am used to
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I also have been looking for a job for the last six months, but I finally got one two weeks ago, so I am not as stressed as I was
Okay...
Is it prolonged duration of bleeding or increased flow?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
prolonged duration, the flow is very little, I have one pad per day
Any excessive gain or loss of weight recently?Any noticeable pallor?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have been cutting out sugar for the last year, so I lost 20 kg over a year, but no change recently
Okay...
Any hurried bowel movements?
Any tremors or excessive sweating?
Any frequent episodes of tantrums?
Any family history of thyroid disorders?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
nothing of that no
Thank you for getting back with the responses..
Please stay on while I type my suggestions
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you
It looks like the result of exaggerated physical activity...
I would suggest you to take good bed rest this weekend and take good amount of water, citrus fruits,.this will help in restoring the vascular integrity and stop the bleeding...You can observe for 2 days and if the bleeding continues, you can discuss with your physician and take a short course of tranexemic acid..this will help in stopping the bleeding..Avoid drugs such as ibuprofen or diclofenac as it can prolong the bleeding...You can also take a course of iron supplements and multivitamins....You don't require any hormonal therapy as of now... you can observe the subsequent cycles and plan for an ultrasound abdomen if required
Please let me know if you need any further information..I would be glad to help
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thanks a lot!
I sincerely ***** ***** i have helped you in getting your doubt clarified.I wish you a sound health always.Please remember to rate my service and acknowledge it.Thank you.Kind regards-Dr vazsv.
If my answer was helpful, please remember to rate it.
Thank you.Kind regards-Dr vazsv
Hello..
Hope you are getting better...A gentle reminder for you to rate my service...Thank youKind regards-Dr vazsv
Thank you very much for your kind acknowledgement of my service.Take care.Kind regards-Dr vazsv