Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

On 18th i started e new blister of Jasmine pills.This Sunday

Good day,
On 18th i started e new blister of Jasmine pills.This Sunday and Monday on 27th and 28th i forgot to take the pills.I made a mistake and followed a friend advise and took the 2 of them this morning.(I usually take the pill every evening 9pm).
How should i proceed since my last period was on 15th to 19th and this Sunday i forgot the pill i have not protected contact?
Will the emergency pill efective? Shall i take it?Many thanks!

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us.

Have you had unprotected sex recently? If so, when was the last time? thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
On Sunday.

Okay thanks. So yes, taking the missed pill is correct, however as you have had unprotected sex within the 7 days to having a missed pill, you should get the emergency contraceptive.

Contact your GP or pharmacist today, they can prescribe you a tablet called EllaOne which you can take up to 120 hours after unprotected sex - so well within the window to use it. As long as you are then taking your pill regularly, avoid unprotected sex until you have been taking the pill for a further 7 days.

I hope this is of some help. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to ask.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
to proceed with the CP normay right?

Yes, so take one missed pill and todays pill, which you have. Ignore any previous missed pill. Then take the rest of the pack as normal.

What week of the pill pack are you?

https://patient.info/sexual-health/hormone-pills-patches-and-rings/combined-oral-contraceptive-coc-pill

This will provide you with some information for future use. The leaflet within the pill packet will contain some similar information.

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars, many thanks and take care.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There are 2 missed pills that i specified.I missed the Sundays and mondays one.I took both today, Tuesday morning. In the evening ll take the todays one

Okay. But do get the emergency pill from your pharmacist just to be certain

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will rate it when i ll have all my enquieres answered.I want to make sure i wont make mistakes
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
its not a problem i ll have in total 3 CO pills taken in a day and also the umergency one?

Sure, what else would you like to ask?

Oh I see, so maximum of only 2 pills, only the last missed pill and todays pill should be taken

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have micropolycystic ovaries does this lower the chance of getting pregnant?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
its bad i took the 2 missed ones in the morning and ll take late in the evening the todays one plus the emergency one?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
to take the emergency or not please?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But there ll be in a day 3 Co pills and one emergency

It will be fine, but there is no need, it will not harm you so do not worry.

As long as you take the emergency contraceptive and continue you pill as normal, as well as using condoms for the first 7 days of being back on your pill.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok then.I ll proceed like that.If i dont find ella one ita ok Escapelle?

Yes Escapelle has a licence to be used within 72 hours, so would be fine to use instead

Sorry I missed your other question. Polycystic Ovarian syndrome can reduce your fertility, but certainly not something you could use as reassurance that you would not get pregnant - many people with PCOS get pregnant with no fertility support.

Does this answer all of your queries? And are you able to get the emergency pill today?

The thread can remain open for a further 7 days if there is something else that comes up and you would like to ask. Take care.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I got the ElleOne
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your help!

my pleasure. please could you kindly click on the stars to rate my response - many thanks, ***** *****