How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Norm S. Your Own Question
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 12083
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Norm S. is online now


This answer was rated:

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Myself and partner have been trying to conceive for a year and a half, I track my periods and the best time to conceive every month ... I have tried drinking green tea, used special lubricant and taking vitamins every morning ... we are unsure what to do, we are 29 and 32.

Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delay.

Since you've been trying for a year and a half, it's time to consult with a doctor, preferably an OBGYN doctor. Your partner needs to have a sperm count done, and you need to have confirmation as to whether you're ovulating or not. Possibly an x-ray will be done to confirm that your tubes are open.

The two most common problems are either with ovulation or with sperm. The first is usually easily resolved using pills to help you to ovulate. Sperm problems can be more challenging.

It's not likely that tea or vitamins or anything else you take will help significantly.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi,I have regular periods ... they arrive on time every month .. could it be something to do with it?How do we go about it seeing a specialist?

Regular periods usually mean that you're ovulating regularly, but not always. There are several ways to confirm it, including ovulation test kits you can buy at a drug store.

In the UK, I believe you need to ask your GP for a referral to a specialist.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, thank you.Do you know approximately how long it takes to get referred and have tests?

I'm sorry. I'm in the US. I have no idea, but I suspect it depends much on where you live and how busy the specialists are there.

Dr. Norm S. and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, thank you for your time.

You're very welcome.

Thank you for your payment and rating.