How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Caring doc Your Own Question
Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 3573
Experience:  Experienced in dealing with cases of infertility, sexual dysfunction, obs/gyn
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Caring doc is online now

Second opinion] Fertility

This answer was rated:

second opinion] Fertility
Hi welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
What is your age?
Do you have regular cycles?
How long are you trying to conceive?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am 29 and my partner is 32, I have regular periods every month .. we have been trying since October 2018, that’s when I stopped taking a contraceptive pill.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We have tried special lubricant, I take vitamins each morning and I’ve even tried drinking herbal tea to try and help ...
Ok you are trying too long now.
You will need to get an evaluation. Your hormones, uterus,ovaries weather you are ovulating or not,progesteron levels etc.Your husband's semen analysis will also be important.
Once the cause is know treatment is done like ovulation induction or ovulation boost with medication like clomid.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok, do you know roughly how long this could take?
It has been stressful trying as it’s been a while ..
I can understand, you should go directly to the fertility specialist. It may take a month to get your evaluation and testing done.Since the hormonal tests are required to be done at specific times, it may take couple of cycles.
But should not take longer than couple of months.
But you should not delay the process now!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Would they still be operating due to current circumstances?
You can check your local fertility clinic. I am US based,not sure about UK.
Meanwhile you can try few things that may help.
Take folic acid 800 micrograms per day.
Fertility support supplements that may boost your ovulation. There are some over the counter you can try them.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I take a vitamin D and B13 daily ... if I were to take a vitamin to help, should I stop taking Vitamin D and B12?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
B12 I mean **
If that vitamin supplement already has the amount of vitamin D and B12 that you are taking,you don't need to double up!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh I’m not taking a supplement to possibly help with ovalation at the moment ... I think I may try, I just wanted to check if I should stop the vitamin D and B12
You should check the ingredients of the fertility booster supplement that is available in your local pharmacy. If it already has vitamin d and B12,you should stop the one you are taking. If it doesn't have,you can continue.
I hope it helps.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok, I’ll look online and find out the best fertility supplement booster
Perfect. Usually they have folate and inositol. They don't usually have vitamin d and B12. so most probably you can continue.
I hope it helps:)
Please CLICK the stars on the top of this page to RATE my answer.
This is the only way I get COMPENSATED.
I appreciate your positive feedback!!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your help
You are most welcome:)
I hope I earned my Five stars rating today!
Caring doc and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks alot.
Have a wonderful day!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.