Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Can a Fetus sleep at 12 weeks? I had my scan and the baby

Can a Fetus sleep at 12 weeks? I had my scan and the baby was pretty still for it versus a scan the week before it was super active. Should I be worried it was moving less at this scan

A fetus does sleep at 12 weeks. There is a great difference in activity levels of the fetus from one time to the next. As long as the heart beat is normal, I wouldn't worry about the activity level. Best regards.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The heart beat was 160 or there about the baby did move but not as actively as the week before

As I said, activity of a fetus varies greatly. I wouldn't be worried.

Thank you for your payment and rating.