Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Second opinion] R, I had my baby on Monday and I needed

second opinion] Hi Dr. R,I had my baby on Monday and I needed stitches. I had two tears one internal and one external.I was given stool softeners and pain relief (brufen and paracetamol).I’m wondering is there anything to reduce the swelling and pain? As I don’t want to keep taking drugs for so long.Looking forward to hearing from you.Regards,Asma

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff. I am not sure you are referring to myself, but are you happy for me to help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I was referring to someone else, but I don’t know how this works, Can I just message him again? Even if he replies later than usual

If you know the doctors name then I believe you have the option to message them, if not, write their full name. I will opt out and hopefully they will see it. Take care

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff.

Your question has come up again, so I hope my answer will be of some assistance to you. I am however sorry to hear you are having to manage this.

Congratulations on your little one though.

So as it is day 4 post delivery you would expect the swelling to have naturally continued to increase to this point, normally takes a day to start, then builds up over about 48 hours. Stool softeners are useful to reduce pain, as straining will be rather uncomfortable.

With these tears, the discomfort will take about 7 days to start subsiding, at which case the swelling will be reducing by this point naturally, without any thing to speed it up.

Anti-inflammatory medications certainly reduce reduce inflammation and therefore this is your best options, such as Ibuprofen or Naproxen. Both are considered too small to be harmful if you are breast feeding. Other than this, warm baths to help will also be soothing, and I would assume after 48 hours post tear this should be okay to do, but your surgeon would have told you the after car for this.

However I do suspect you are at the point where over the next few days your symptoms will naturally improve without the need to do anything.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Dr Ruff,Thank you for your reply.Yes I have noticed reduced swelling and less pain.But it turns out that the pain I feel when going to the bathroom is actually internal Hemorrhoids, and I was wondering is there anything that could help with them, suppositories maybe?Regards,Asma

That is my pleasure. So yes, you can get Anusol suppositories from a pharmacy, or alternatively a cream

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok i’ll have a look into that.. thanks again..

My pleasure, take care.

Elliot Ruff,
Experience: GP at Whitstable Medical Practice