MD doc
MD doc, Doctor
Experience:  MD, vastly experienced (since 1994)
239748

I just found out I tested positive for HVP lot risk, can my

Customer Question

I just found out I tested positive for HVP lot risk, can my husband and I still try to get pregnant?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Low*
Expert:  MD doc replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. Good day to you. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of medical experience. I’m sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
We can continue chatting here, If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it is optional & costs extra!). I would be glad to continue here either way.
Kind regards,

Expert:  MD doc replied 14 days ago.

Testing positive for HPV does not directly impact your chances of getting pregnant,

However, this does mean that you need close follow up during and even after pregnancy to check for any complications related to the HPV infection.

So, certainly go ahead and plan for your pregnancy with your husband, just keep your gynecologist in the loop though,

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more inputs,

Warm regards ***** ***** safe

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In my letter it says that they I will have another test in a years time. It does not indicate what type of HPV it is, but since it says they will test in a years time does this mean it is the 16 or 18 type?
Expert:  MD doc replied 14 days ago.

HPV infection generally does not lead to anything serious for many years, so testing after an year is alright in case this is the only finding.

You can ask them for the type of HPV, but follow up is all that is needed. In a majority of women, HPV clears naturally within an year or so,

Warm regards

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I tend to bleed after having intercourse with my husband, would that be because of the HPV?
Expert:  MD doc replied 14 days ago.

HPV does not directly cause any bleeding after intercourse,

A detailed PV examination is needed to find the cause of your bleeding after intercourse, if not done recently,

Causes of bleeding after sex

Bleeding after sex can be a sign of a health condition:

• an infection, such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), or a sexually transmitted infection (STI), such as chlamydia
  • vaginal dryness (atrophic vaginitis) caused by reduced vaginal secretions after the menopause
  • damage to the vagina, such as tears caused by childbirth, or by dryness or friction during sex
  • cervical or endometrial polyps (benign or non-cancerous growths in the womb or the lining of the cervix)
  • cervical ectropion (also known as cervical erosion), where there is an inflamed area on the surface of the cervix

Read more here

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/womens-health/what-causes-a-woman-to-bleed-after-sex/

I would recommend interacting your GP for a gynecological appointment,

Warm regards & stay safe,