Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I had unprotected sex and I’m continuously bleeding from my

Hi I had unprotected sex and I’m continuously bleeding from my vagina And sometimes their can be a rusty odor Or smell
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: 8 months I was given antibiotics it stopped but started again the bleeding Everything is fine I’m healthy it’s just I don’t know why I’m having continuous bleeding it’s everyday and is in small amount then loads of blood
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No everything else is fine
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It stopped with antibiotics but when I finished how much was given to me it started again
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had 1 sexual partner and I’m on birth control implant but bleeding everyday is not normal so I’m worried

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff. Than you for contacting us today.

How long have you been bleeding for?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
8 months
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did take antibiotics and it stopped but started again

You have been bleeding constantly for 8 months? and 8 months ago was when you had unprotected sex?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yh
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It was in January time
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m 19

Okay thanks - so this is very important as if you have been bleeding for 8 months, you will be anaemic by now.

Bleeding post sexual intercourse is usually due to trauma, which would have settled, or that you have something called an Ectropian on your cervic.

These are benign growths but they bleed a lot. If you have been bleeding constantly since have sex, then I would consider this as a cause. To find out if this is the case, you will need your doctor to do a speculum examination to have a look. They can also do high vaginal swabs to see if there is any further infection.

The rusty smell is likely to be old blood/iron that can cause this.

If the speculum examination is normal then you will need an Ultrasound scan to look for endometrial causes of bleeding.

In the mean time, they can prescribe you Tranexamic acid to slow/stop this bleeding.

But you need to go to your doctor about this please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

That is my pleasure. I hope you can get hold of your GP easily enough this week.

Before you go, please could you kindly use the stars to rate my response, this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response, thanks and take care.

This does not charge you, but credits more for responding to you - thank you