Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I want to know is Jarrow inositol powder is safe to take if

Hi.. i want to know is Jarrow inositol powder is safe to take if i have pcos and endometriosis.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen a doctor and they just say get a scan or keyhole surgery done to see how much endo i have. Not taking any medications as i dont have any symptoms except difficulty in conceiving.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us today.

So this is thought to be useful in helping with issues relating to Serotonin. If falls under a natural supplement and therefore does not go through the same safety checks as prescribed medication.

However it is not considered a management option for either PCOS or endometriosis. PCOS has no direct treatment, as treatment is dependant on your symptoms. Endometriosis does however have direct treatments.

I am happy to discuss the management options with you if this is of any help, surgery is a last resort for endometriosis which is not responding to medical management.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am mainly trying to get pregnant for a few months and had to get ovarian drilling last time to have my first baby. I want to try natural methods this time to have another baby and i have read online about cases where inositol has helped more thank metmorphin or chlomid. Do you think it is harmless to try it anyway or do I need a prescription for it?

My pleasure. This is the tricky bit, due to no safety profile it is difficult to comment on the safety of this.

Are you okay if we arrange a phone call for 10:30?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I change my mind about phone call. Pls can you refund. Thanks.

Of course. I will flag this to customer services to ensure they do this for you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks so much. I appreciate it. And thanks for your input on this issue. It certainly helps. Have a nice day!