How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliot Ruff Your Own Question
Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1742
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Elliot Ruff is online now

I want to ask about vaginal odour, No and nothing, No

Customer Question

Hi I want to ask about vaginal odour
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and nothing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 6 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us this evening.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi I want to know what I can use for vaginal odour
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 6 days ago.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** is likely to be due to an overgrowth of bacteria, overgrowth of fungus. A swab would be useful to check for either as treating the cause would therefore prevent the odour.

If both of these are normal then you can get probiotics are thought to help with this.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can I use suppositories? The smell is usually noticeable during sex and not a daily thing
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It have noticed it for almost one year is this possible to be BV?
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 6 days ago.

No, you should get a swab first. BV is certainly a cause and can cause an odour. But a swab is needed before you treat this.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok then thanks
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 6 days ago.

That is my pleasure, I hope you can get this done soon so that you can treat this. Take care.