DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I need some advice about my period cycle. I was a week late

Customer Question

Hi there i need some advice about my period cycle. I was a week late which i never usually am, then i took a contraception pill and its been another week and i still haven't come on.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No i have had on and off stomach pain but it has stopped. Every 4 weeks and they are usually on time or early
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 7 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you taken a pregnancy test ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No i have not, i took a pill hours after i was sexually actually and was told it will work
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Active*

Thanks for the details

First of all you should take a pregnancy test

If that is negative then there is nothing to worry

This can occur with a hormonal imbalance caused by the pill

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will take a test, how long do you think it will be until i do come on and will it be heavier than normal?

Most likely in a week or so

And if you are pregnant then there is nothing concerning at all