Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Not sure if you can help me with this but I was 9 days late

Hi, not sure if you can help me with this but I was 9 days late on my period, that doesn’t usually happen maybe a day or two at most. I came on today but it’s a lot of clotting and mucus. Abnormal for myself
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Normal I suffer a lot with my periods but this pain it just in my lower backs and lower abdomen. Every 20-25 days.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Diagnosed with POS at 14 and was put on the pill never checked in 10years, 2 years ago I was taken off the pill and left

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It is most likely hormonal fluctuation causing heavy periods and when they get delayed, they bleed more.

You can get a pregnancy test to rule out miscarriage.

It usually settles on its own by the next cycle.

Take Advil 800mg for a day and bleeding would decrease.

No worries.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** pregnancy test show a positive result if that’s the case ?

Yes, it would be positive in that case.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.