Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Can you have unprotected sex with a partner who has HSV2 but

Can you have unprotected sex with a partner who has HSV2 but never had any signs of it? We are trying to get pregnant.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you

I understand your concern.

Although HSV-2 is mainly transmitted during sex, through contact with genital surfaces, skin, sores or fluids of someone infected with the virus, unfortunately, HSV-2 can be transmitted from skin in the genital or anal area that looks normal and is often transmitted in the absence of symptoms.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you. So the only solution for pregnancy is IVF?
if you want to avoid to the best extent.
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.
Happy to help. If you feel I had helped you, a positive feedback is solicited and highly appreciated.
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.