How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliot Ruff Your Own Question
Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2054
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Elliot Ruff is online now

I am looking for a doctor in london who would insert an IUD

Customer Question

hello, i am looking for a doctor in london who would insert an IUD with conscious sedation.
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives other than the IUD?
Customer: not at the moment. i just quit the nuvaring. only condoms. i want to get a copper iud. but i throw up even at the thought of the insertion. i'm wondering how i can find a doctor who would be willing to use conscious sedation
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor will be able to answer that. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: last pelvic/smear was april 2019 and it was regular. i have an appointment this december for another one. i've had irregular paps twice in the past, and then colposcopies , which were normal
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i don't think so. I've been consciously sedated before for my wisdom teeth extractions and there were zero complications. i am really hoping to find a doctor in london who would do this for me.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 23 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us today.

For this you would need to contact a private Gynaecologist and discuss with them if they are able to provide this as it is not commonly offered, and if it is, you are more likely to be able to have this if you were seeing a Gynaecologist in a private hospital rather than a private clinic.

This service is based at the Portland Hospital in London and therefore more likely able to provide what you ask. I would contact them and ask to discuss this with a secretary who should be able to clarify if that is a possibility before you commit to seeing a Gynaecologist and having to pay the clinic price.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
thanks very much!
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 22 days ago.

That is my pleasure, take care.