Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in dealing with cases of infertility, sexual dysfunction, obs/gyn
25020506

I've had the Marina coil in for almost 3 years now and over

Hi, I've had the Marina coil in for almost 3 years now and over the past few months I've noticed my periods becoming less and less and now I haven't had a period in over 8 weeks. I'd just like advise if this is normal?
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: Yes, I'm using the Mirena Coil
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: My last period to memory was Mid September I believe
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I did get abnormal smear tests results where I underwent a procedure to get them removed
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Respected customer, it is very normal.
Many women can get their periods progressively lighter and stop altogether.
This is nothing concerning!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly - with my abnormal smear coming back around 15 months ago I just wanted to double check that it as normal for periods to stop after having my coil for so long.
it is very normal. It has nothing to do with abnormal smear:)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much! Take care :)
You are most welcome and thank you!!