Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

How can I tell my /f am pregnant when we broke up? I am 4

Hi, how can I tell my b/f am pregnant when we broke up?
JA: How many weeks are you? What are all the medications you're using?
Customer: I am 4 weeks
JA: Got it. Are you taking any vitamins? How frequently per week do you exercise?
Customer: I walk once or twice a week and am taking folic acid 400ug and vitamin C
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am seeing my doctor on Friday for the first time about this pregnancy

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us this evening.

I am sorry that you are in a difficult situation however this is a little different as this is not a medical question as such.

I would however suggest that indeed it would be correct to tell the father of your child, however if you are only 4 weeks, this is very early, and therefore it may be more appropriate to wait until you have your first scan. But this is only a suggestion and one you need to decide upon yourself sorry.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, am just concerned about his reaction if I keep it longer. He is a bit temperamental but most times keeps silent.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How many times can I ask questions on this topic? is there a time scale or is it this one question I have asked that costs £5.00?

I see, I can understand your difficulty with this.

You can continue asking questions but it should really be in relation to this topic, i.e. your pregnancy

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I cannot call as I cannot afford it right now

Sorry, the phone call is automatically offered, messaging like this is fine if you are okay to continue.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
am okay to continue. I am just in a dilema can a doctor break the news to him rather than me?

Okay great, I am afraid not, however I do think it would not come across very well if someone with no link to your ex partner to inform them of this news.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you. Any advise rather than waiting for the first ante natal scan?

That is my pleasure. I would advise you sit on this for a few weeks and see how you feel. You will know what to do when the time comes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay thank you.

Take care, and congratulations.