Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

How much will this cost, I haven’t had my period in over 2

Customer Question

How much will this cost
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I haven’t had my period in over 2 months and all pregnancy tests have been negative
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: no, I’m not sure about regularity I’m Only off the pill for a few months
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

A phone call will be offered but we can message for no additional cost.

When was your last period? And have you stopped your contraceptive to fall pregnant?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, it has been over 9 weeks since my last period. I am sexually active but am not trying to fall pregnant I use condoms. I took a pregnancy test after 7 weeks which was negative and another one 10 days later which was also negative
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there a chance I could be pregnant or is it more likely that I am just experiencing an irregular period
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was on the contraceptive pill for years and took a few months break back in November 2020. I went back on the pill for 3 days at the end of February but stopped it again because I didn’t fell well on it, I haven’t gotten my period since then

Okay thanks. So it sounds like pregnancy is unlikely given condoms provide excellent protection other than when they break. You would expect a pregnancy test to be positive 4 weeks after intercourse. Therefore it is always worth doing a weekly pregnancy test until your next period.

Stopping the pill can cause irregular periods and missed periods for up to 6 months after stopping.

Now that it has been over 2 months, I would suggest some blood tests to check hormones as to see why you are missing your period though.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am really worried about pregnancy, other that a missed period I am not experiencing any common pregnancy side effects

If you have symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, breast changes, then arrange a blood test sooner as this is more accurate than a urine pregnancy test. If not, then continue the weekly tests. This is the only way to identify if you are pregnant as scanning doesn't often show anything until at least 5 to 6 weeks.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is it likely that my body is just experiencing a hormone imbalance and that my period will return? I also missed a period in January and then got 2 in the month of February

Given the negative pregnancy test, yes I do.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you

That is my pleasure, I wish you all the best with this. Take care.