Dr.Andrew
Dr.Andrew, Doctor
Experience:  Board certified Physician
75931320

In the past few months my period is changing. Is coming less

Customer Question

In the past few months my period is changing. Is coming less and less everytime. I need to know what should I do or where to get help
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Usually I have 30/31 days cycles. But the last one was 34. I don't have pains, I used to have but they stop months ago
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have done some pregnancy tests a few months ago and they're all negative. And I can't be pregnant
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to the Justanswer website,

I am Dr.Andrew, a Board-Certified Physician with over 15 years of experience.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly. Answers here are for education and information.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 11 days ago.

Respected customer

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information, and I will help you figure out a solution.

May I know your age?

Do you have a history of irregularity in periods?

I am waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm 21. My cycles usually are 30/31 days. Sometimes they go to 34 days but that's rare.
I had unprotected sex in October and since then my period flow is coming less and less each month. I have done pregnancy tests and they're all negative. Also done some blood analysis and it was all good.
But I'm worried because my last 2 cycles I barely have flow
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 11 days ago.

Respected customer

Thank you for providing the details. I can understand your concern and worry.

I am now preparing and typing my answer, and I will post my reply here as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 11 days ago.

Respected customer

Thank you for staying online,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I can understand how uncomfortable you may be feeling, but hopefully, we can resolve this.

The symptoms you have described of having a low flow of bleeding in the last 2 cycles can be due to various causes.

The most common causes are- stress, being overweight or underweight, imbalance of hormones, polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance, uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common causes that disturb the female menstrual cycle.

Hormonal imbalance is another common and probable cause.

Please stop worrying and be relaxed.

No need to worry at all. Such fluctuation can sometimes happen in women’s life.

Mild hormonal fluctuation can cause this.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this. You need to wait and watch.

It is generally recommended to wait and watch for 3 cycles. If this persists, you may need to consult your gyne doctor for tests and examination to know the underlying cause, and then treatment will be done accordingly.

Most of the time, simply decreasing your stress, improving nutrition, and adding adequate nutritional supplements can provide a natural way.

Eat healthy and nutritious.

Take a nutritious diet containing the right amount of iron, calcium, magnesium, multivitamins.

No need to worry at all. Such fluctuation can sometimes happen in a female’s life.

I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

I am available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have, so please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My concern is it's not just my 2 last cycles. But period is being changing for months now. I got really worried last cycle because I can't call this a period.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't have a gyne doctor. I live in the uk not that long. I have a gp that they don't take anything serious
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 11 days ago.

Respected customer

I can understand your concern and worry.

Normal menstrual bleeding lasts for 3-7 days. During this period 50-150 ml of bloody discharge are excreted.

As you have described that you have low bleeding for the last few months, this can most likely be due to hormonal changes.

Please do not worry. There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous about this condition, and it is treatable with medications accordingly.

The following treatment measures are recommended for you now:

-Take measures to relieve your stress and anxiety.

-You can take plant estrogens (phytoestrogens, isoflavones).

-Eat healthy and nutritious.

-Most of the time, simply decreasing your stress, improving nutrition, and adding adequate nutritional supplements can provide a natural way to restore regular periods.

-Take a nutritious diet containing a good amount of iron, calcium, magnesium, multivitamins.

-You can take Omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish oil

-Take magnesium in the diet. Pumpkin seeds, spinach, salmon, kale, and brown rice are all good sources of magnesium

-You can take vitamin D. This is very helpful to maintain normal periods.

All of this should help you greatly.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,

We can continue here until you are satisfied, use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Dr.Andrew replied 11 days ago.

Respected customer,

You are very welcome! I am glad I was able to help.

If you still have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask. I am right here to answer you.

I wish you good health and get well soon.

God bless you and take care.