How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Karim Your Own Question
Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 405
Experience:  Medical Specialist
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Shahid Karim is online now

I have irregular periods. I have raised my concerns to my

Customer Question

I have irregular periods. I have raised my concerns to my doctor but she has dismissed them. I don't know what's wrong. I have missed my period for now two months with negative pregnancy tests.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 14 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about what's going on. It's actually very common for periods to become somewhat irregular particularly if there's been a change in the body of significance. It can be fairly minor things like weight gain or loss, even a change in exercise levels and certainly stress can have an effect. Almost all women at some point (if not multiple times) will have such irregularities in their cycles, the main thing is to know that this is a form of 'normal' and we almost always see resolution by 3 months. If you haven't had a period until then, your GP should carry out blood tests looking at both your sex hormone levels and also thyroid function and iron levels.