Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

Im having paper like cuts around my vagina. Couple of months

Customer Question

Hi Im having paper like cuts around my vagina . Couple of months ago i had one on the top of where my vagina starts it went away but took a lot of time to disappear couple of weeks later it came back and now i also have one lower closer to my anus . Im going crazy as it doesnt go and i don’t know what that is and gp for see me any time soon
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I would say around 2 months since it started . But i don’t see anything else i feel healthy
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 13 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

I am really sorry that you are going through this. It must be really difficult for you.

Does it pain? Any discharge from vagina?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It hurts as a cut so when i pee i feel the burning sensation i do also experience itchiness on the lower part where the cut is but i did not see any changes in my discharge its on its normal cycle

Do you have hairs in your vaginal area?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
im scared to shave closely as i might just irritate it more so i normally just trim it short

There are few things to consider: First of all it needs assessment that if these are superficial or deep:

If superficial:

1. Wash the area with warm water once or twice per day.
  2. Refrain from using harsh or perfumed soaps, as this can affect the delicate pH balance of your vagina.
  3. Make sure the area is dry before you get dressed again.
  4. Wear cotton underwear and loose bottoms until it’s healed.

If you’re in a lot of discomfort, you can take an over-the-counter (OTC) pain reliever, such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol).

If deep:

Hormone imbalances

It’s common for shifting estrogen levels to make the walls of your vagina thinner and more prone to tearing. Although fluctuating estrogen levels are usually associated with menopause, they can occur due to other reasons, too. Switching birth control methods or excessive exercise may be to blame.

Chronic skin conditions

Some skin conditions can make your skin more fragile and prone to tearing. Examples include:

These can all negatively affect the skin on your vagina and vulva. Certain treatments for these conditions, like oral corticosteroids, can also cause your skin to weaken and thin over time.

Vitamin deficiencies

Deficiency in vitamin C or D can impact your skin tissue strength and cause it to tear more easily.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Im 23 years old i can not be menopausal im also not pregnant.. the cuts are just 2 little lines looks as if my skin cracked i have always suffered with dryness for example white having sex .. those cuts im very careful with and i have tried all the above and its been 2 months and still havent gone away

You just need to take care of the area and remove all the hairs.