Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

My period it almost 3 weeks late i made the test home and it

Customer Question

My period it almost 3 weeks late i made the test home and it came negative but i still don’t trust the test
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

As such there can be a variety of causes of missed periods like hormonal imbalance, weight gain, weight loss, PCOD, thyroid dysfunction, pregnancy to name a few. The chances of pregnancy are less likely with negative urine pregnancy test if performed recently.

Hormone fluctuations can occur due to changes in diet, changes in sleep patterns, exercise routines, stress levels, etc. It can also be caused by any new medications even over the counter supplements or any recent illnesses
You should try vitamin C supplement, ginger tea, pineapple, parsley tea, maintain weight, do deep breathing to induce a period.
Otherwise, you should consult your gynecologist and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce a period and further investigations like ultrasound, blood work like Thyroid function test, LH, FSH, etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.