Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I'm trying to fall pregnant with a girl. I've read lots of

Customer Question

I'm trying to fall pregnant with a girl. I've read lots of theories online such as timing of intercourse before ovulation, type of intercourse (shallow penetration), supplements such as magnesium, calcium and cranberry tablets. One method called the babydust method only recommends to try once in the entire fertile period 2-3 days before ovulation. I did one month of that and that didn't work. Are there any other things you would suggest please?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. More than anything, being fit, very well hydrated and wearing underwear that allows your testicles to be cool in temperature are the most important things you can do. The other things you mentioned have little to no evidence.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am a woman, not a man
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My husband is taking prenatal supplements and doing the above you've said anyway

I understand, sorry I must have read the first sentence incorrectly. It's good that he's doing those steps already. Using an ovulation predicting test can also help increase chances. May I ask how long you've both been trying for?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry, I think I phrased the question badly. I meant that we are trying to fall pregnant for a girl baby. We already have a son so would like a daughter now. Do you have any tips for this?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am using OPKs already. The issue is not about having trouble falling pregnant, it's that we would like to try and sway for a particular gender (girl)

Oh I understand, thanks for the clarification. I honestly wish I could tell you some particular way to have a girl in particular, and there are anecdotal reports of eating acidic foods like apples and nuts or taking frequent baths but really, there is no scientific evidence for any of them. I would add that you do still have a 50% chance of course. I'd rather be honest than give you advice that isn't based on anything, I hope you understand. Regardless I sincerely ***** ***** and your family the best and I hope you get what you want :) All the very best for the future.