Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

I'm 53 year old menopausal woman. I've been taking

I'm 53 year old menopausal woman. I've been taking Utrogestant 100 once a day and estrogel - starting with two pumps - now 4 pumps a day. I've been on this regime for approx 1 year. I started to get very tender and enlarged breasts and now am bleeding - mainly brown but some red blood since Friday.
JA: How long have you dealt with the bleeding? Have you experienced this in the past?
Customer: Never experienced any bleeding since my periods stopped 3/4 years ago
JA: Got it. Do you have any immediate relatives (mother, father, or siblings) with a history of uterine, ovarian, or bladder cancer?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My mother had breast cancer

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

This is something for which you need to consult your Gynae immediately.

You have probably received a higher dose of estrogen than needed - that is what caused the bleeding.

An adjustment of the dose should correct this bleeding.

You will also need a PAP smear for examination.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I stopped the estrogel yesterday but the bleeding is worse today. Also I have some discomfort in my stomach. Should I continue with a lower dose of estrogel today? or stop completely?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I don’t wish to talk

You should continue with a lower dose till you see your doctor. You can continue with two pumps for now.