Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

I have PCOS and have was prescribed metformin in August. We

Good morningI have PCOS and have was prescribed metformin in August. We have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months but no luck so far. Can i contact my GP about this or will they make me wait for a year even though I have PCOS?Thank you

You should contact your GP for it.

The drug of choice for inducing ovulation in PCOS is clomiphene citrate, for which your GP would give a script to you. This can be done online also/virtual consultation.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** been ovulating with the metformin as it has partially regulated my cycles. Will they still allow me to take the clomiphene citrate?

Yes, Clomiphene also is needed as you are unable to conceive for the last 6 months.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok thank you that is very helpful. I will contact my GP.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.