Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

It's okay to get a spot "down there" right? I felt a smooth

It's okay to get a spot "down there" right? I felt a smooth bump about an inch below my clitoris between labia and opening, when I checked it it immediately popped with white pus. I work out a lot and wear tight fitted lycra and hot weather makes me sweat more.. I am hoping this is just a spot like you get anywhere else on your body. I have always had Fordyce spots down there since a child. I'm 41 healthy and beeb with same trusted partner for 6 years and same partner previous for 13 years. I have generalised anxiety so tend to panic about irrational things :0)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Pap scream last year clear

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    It sounds like you had a pimple in the area that popped?

Yes, pimples and infected follicles can occur in the genital region.   Of course they are more common with friction and sweating.

I think you are safe to keep an eye on it and be sure it heals, and do not need to panic.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.