Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I am in 7th week of my pregnancy can you please tell me some

I am in 7th week of my pregnancy can you please tell me some medicine or vitamin

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Congratulations on your pregnancy. You should be taking folic acid and vitamin D. If you buy a pregnancy vitamin then this will contain both.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I do feel I am low in terms of calcium for that what should I do doctor?

How can you feel low in calcium sorry?

A deficiency can cause tiredness, which is also common with pregnancy.

You cannot experience symptoms which make you crave a vitamin. No matter how you feel you cannot feel that you are deficient in a particular vitamin,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My nails are having white patches

These are often common and have little meaning. However a blood test can be done to check if you are concerned. But if you are taking a pregnancy vitamin and eating a well balanced diet, I wouldn't be concerned.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay doctor thank you so much.. my midwife would see me in 8th week of pregnancy or 9th can you please tell me that? As my now she has not contacted me and I have registered my pregnancy

No problem, yes, they will arrange bloods for you and will be checking things like iron as well.