Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

My partner and I have engaged in sex for the first time in 7

My partner and I have engaged in sex for the first time in 7 months #lockdow (we're only together and trusted relationship). We made up for lost time so to speak, and I appear to now have come on my period a week early, I seem to fluctuate each month between 25/28 days cycle, I guess my question is can sex (after a long time) bring on a period? Been with my partner for 6 years and pap screen last year was clear.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
To be clear it's around a 5 days early
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
to clarify, I did NOT bleed directly after sex it was a few days later

An early period can be due to hormonal imbalance. And this imbalance can be due to sex after a long duration.

Nothing to worry about it, whatever the reason.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.