Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

Wish to ask you should I be worried about my following

Hi!
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi wish to ask you should I be worried about my following situation... I started experiencing a bit of brownish spotting 9 days before my period. I am now 6 days before period and I still every now and again see that spotting (kind of thick in texture) on my toilet tissue when wiping after going to toilet (after feces rather than urination). I seem to have quite an often urge for urination. Feeling my lower abdomen as if I was about to get period but not as sever te discomfort. I think it is a second time I'm experiencing those symptoms. Once montha ago and now. I can not see a doctor until in 3 weeks time. I am normal weight abiut 60kg /175 cm. Exercising 4 - 5 hours a week.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Very regular. Every 28-30 days.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure.

This is termed intermenstrual bleeding or abnormal vaginal bleeding. Many times this resolves spontaneously and perhaps is due to minor hormonal aberrations or stress and anxiety-related problem (mediated through body hormones). But if the abnormal vaginal bleeding persists, the following causes should be considered;

1) Vaginitis; infection of the vagina. Usually, some form of vaginal discharge accompanies or symptoms like vaginal pain during sex or itching associated.

2) Uterine fibroid

3) Uterine polyps

4) Endocervical polyp

5) Pelvic inflammatory disease

6) Cervicitis (cervix infection)

7) Endometritis; infection of the internal lining of the uterus

8) Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)

9) Fluctuating hormone levels.

The following can detect/diagnose the cause;

1) A physical examination and speculum examination by the doctor

2) Ultrasound

3) Blood work for the hormones

4) Vaginal swab

5) Pap smear.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dear Dr. Arun,
Thank you for your reply!
I have the examination booked for 21sy of May. I just wanted to say that my biggest stress is that it could be cervical cancer. Is it OK to wait for exination or should I try to get a private smear test and receive results quicker? I'm 6 days before period so shall I wait with that or is it important to get the test done ASAP?
THANK YOU AGAIN!

You are very welcome.

There is no hurry at all and there are far common causes for it than cancer. I would not worry at all.

Please relax,

You do not need to reschedule it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help!
Wishing you all the best!
Warm regards!

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.