Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Experience:  General OB/GYN, complicated obstetrics, complicated GYN
62949540

STI, I have taken antibiotic for Chlamydia, I took the

Customer Question

STI
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have taken antibiotic for Chlamydia
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I took the antibiotic 4wks ago i wSnt getting any symptoms thou im on the pill been getting abdominal pains and having a period the period colour is very dark red should I be worried
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I don’t normally have a period
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Tim, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello and I would be happy to help you. Here is what I know:
1. You were diagnosed with Chlamydia
2. You were treated with antibiotics
3. You are now experiencing some atypical pain and bleeding

Is that about correct?
Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Abdominal period like pain & bleeding very little like very oil blood I also suffer with IBS & reflux too

First, I am sorry about your situation. In women diagnosed with chlamydia, the treatment is very simple and effective. It is important to treat because this infection can affect your fallopian tubes and place you at risk for fertility issues, ectopic pregnancies and chronic pelvic pain.

Normally when we treat women, we bring them in afterwards for a 'test of cure'. Was this ever done?

Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the call cost for just just this one csl

Ignore the phone call

Did they do follow up testing after you were treated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s only coming up to week 4 of taking the antibiotics they said they normally wait 6wks is that correct

Given that you are having symptoms that might be associated with an incompletely treated infection, I would go in for testing today. Also, if there is any chance of pregnancy, have them check that too.

Does this answer your questions?
Dr. Tim

If you are satisfied, please take a moment to rate my answer (5 stars). This is greatly appreciated.

Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do another chlamydia test whilst on a period ??

Given that the period is not a normal period for you (as you described), I would get the testing done anyway.

Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you send out tests in the post if so what is the cost ppse

We do not do testing on this site. You are not considered a patient - this is for informational purposes, though you are communicating directly with Physicians, such as myself. You would have to contact your doctor for the test.

There is more harm in waiting than in getting this figured out as soon as possible. You might even have them test and then consider repeating the test in a couple of weeks when you are not bleeding.

Dr. Tim