Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Experience:  General OB/GYN, complicated obstetrics, complicated GYN
62949540

Is pregnenolone cream healthy in pregnancy. Been having

Is pregnenolone cream healthy in pregnancy. Been having light bleeding but my hcg levels have been increasing each time

this is Dr. David

progesterone cream is safe in early pregnancy

https://time.com/4629589/miscarriage-progesterone-pregnancy/

it may be useful if you have had miscarriages in the past.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its not progesterone cream its pregnenolone cream.

yes, you can use pregnenolone cream when you are pregnant.

Hello and I would be happy to help. Do you still need help with your question?
Dr. Tim

The facts that I know are as follows:
1. You are 30 years of age
2. You have had some slight bleeding during the pregnancy (I will assume that you are very early)
3. HCG levels have been checked and are rising appropriately
4. You have started or are considering progesterone supplementation during this preg***** *****kely secondary to the bleeding

Is that about correct?
Dr. Tim

Here are my thoughts for you:

1. Normally rising HCG levels is incredibly reassuring, despite anything else going on
2. Light spotting in early pregnancy (with minimal or absent cramping) is extremely common
3. Progesterone supplementation in early pregnancy is very common as well for a variety of reasons. It is reasonable to use this given what you are experiencing and also of no harm to the pregnancy

Please let me know if you have have more questions
Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Dr Tim. I brought the cream online
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0014APKKK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_H3J9TX2J7DZ42AWBP4RN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1As i was reading up about how it makes the body produce hormones you are lacking. My worry is if I start using it and forget a day, i might miscarry. Its my first pregnancy

How many weeks are you in the current pregnancy?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Really early, my hcg level is around 730. I think I'm 1 to 2 weeks and that's what the clear blue test said.

First, your ovaries are producing progesterone that helps to maintain the pregnancy in the early weeks. This is important up until about 6-7 weeks. Beyond this, in a healthy pregnancy, the pregnancy itself produces the hormones that will maintain it moving forward.

That being said, it is common for us to supplement with progesterone in early pregnancy up until about 12 weeks. This is most common in the setting of prior miscarriages.

Finally, bleeding in early pregnancy is most often NOT because of a lack of progesterone.

So, in terms of using the progesterone and then forgetting a day, this will NOT cause a miscarriage. Even when you miss a day, there is some progesterone in your system (in addition to what your body is producing) that will carry you to the day when you remember.

Does this makes sense? Does this answer your questions?
Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Dr. Tim reassures me

You are very welcome

If you are satisfied, please take a moment to rate my answer (5 stars). This is greatly appreciated.

Dr. Tim

Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Experience: General OB/GYN, complicated obstetrics, complicated GYN