Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

Am I miss carrying, yes I have seen a doc, no

Customer Question

Am I miss carrying
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I have seen a doc
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m six weeks pregnant I spotted very very lightly
Then started with some heavier bleeding and small clots then passed this . Haven’t passed anymore big clots only this . It’s a medium flow now . It’s been 2 days . Do you think I’m miss carrying for sure ? The hospital said j was pregnant but this was before I passed this
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’ve got an ultrasound on Monday
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thanks

You would not have spotting once you became pregnant. But there are causes for which you may have spotting after pregnancy - this need not imply miscarriage. As much as 25% of women have bleeding during the first three months of pregnancy and the vast majority go on to have a normal pregnancy. The main causes of such bleeding are:

* Implantation bleeding - this occurs at around the time of the expected period. But it is usually scanty.
* Threatened Miscarriage - a small amount of bleeding may occur which can signify a risk of miscarriage. Most women with such bleeding go on to retain their pregnancies and have a normal one, but a gynae checkup is necessary to help them retain their pregnancy. Hence if you are having heavy bleeding, you need to discuss with your doctor ASAP.
* Ectopic pregnancies - Ectopic pregnancies can have bleeding as their first sign. This will usually be heavier than a normal period.

All these may be causes of spotting after pregnancy.

A little bit of spotting is nothing to get stressed up about, but if this continues, you will have to consult your gynaecologist. Since you are having bleeding which has increased, you should go to your Gynae or go to the hospital for this. Monday is quite some time off and you need early care. It is best to go to the hospital again for this.

If there is threatened miscarriage, medicines like Isoxsuprine and Progesterone are given in case of bleeding during pregnancy, ask your doctor about this.

Meanwhile,

Rest as much as possible.

Lie down in left lateral position, also during sleep.

No lifting of heavy weights, no exercise.

Avoid smoking and alcohol completely if you are indulging even slightly, cut down on caffeine

Maintaining regular bowel movements at fixed time

Regular hours of sleep

Have healthy nutritious diet.

Hopefully the bleeding will stop spontaneously.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is that a clot or fetal tissue ?

It seems like a clot.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I took two pregnancy tests an hour between them yesterday
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
One came out dark like the next one was fainter

That is probably not significant.

You should go to the ER for another checkup.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m not filling pads though I’ve only had to use 2 pads since lunchtime yesterday
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s more when I go for a wee but I got checked for a uti
Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Ok, take the steps I mentioned. Spotting should come down. Also contact your Gynae or your GP.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is the 3rd day now of bleeding . I’ve contacted them they said wait for your scan

Well in that case you have to wait.

You can also call them and ask about medicines like Isoxsuprine or progesterone.