ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I have a question about vaginal itching, No I haven’t, i

Customer Question

Hi i have a question about vaginal itching
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven’t, i thought it was a yeast infection and took a vaginal tablet but it just healed the unusual discharge but not the itching and slight discomfort
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes i took a morning after pill last week Thursday and started period bleeding on Wednesday this week.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: My lower abdomen is in slight pain and my periods are irregular
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Ravindran and will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

For vaginal itching,  firstly it could be allergies due to fabrics, any new detergents.

Could also be infection.  Any discharge?

For irregular periods, how long have you had  the irregular periods. Have you discussed with your gp.?

For lower abdominal pain, could be simple pain related to periods or urine infection. There are the 2 common ones

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I had discharge and i thought it was just a yeast infection and took a pessary for that which stopped the discharge problem but i am still experiencing itchness and even vaginal dryness
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I haven’t done anything different in regard to getting allergies
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have had irregular period for a long time
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have discussed with a gp they alluded to me having pcos and getting birth control for a regular cycle
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
i think the pain is a result of my period

Was thinking ilof pcos with regards ***** ***** irregular period

Sometimes it could be a dermatitis. Have you applied any lubricants?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No I haven’t applied any lubricants, what do you suggest?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
How do i treat pcos?

Sometimes due to chronic itching the skin can become a bit leathery. It's better for  a doctor to have a look. Nothing can supersede direct examination.

Vaginal lubricants can help.

Available over the counter