Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

I’ve had 3 positive pregnancy tests yesterday and 1 negative

Customer Question

I’ve had 3 positive pregnancy tests yesterday and 1 negative today and I’m bleeding quite heavily now. I’ve spoke to my local doctor and they’ve brushed it off and said it’s just a late period
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I’ve got some stomach cramps similar to a normal period and I normally get them at the same time every month
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Since you are having heavy bleeding, this is a period and you are not likely to be pregnant now.

There are two possibilities - that you were not pregnant and this is just a delayed period.

Or,

You had what is often called a 'chemical pregnancy'.

This is when the egg is fertilized and the very early stages of pregnancy occur but subsequently there is a failure of pregnancy to progress and there is a miscarriage.

This causes the urine test to be positive for some time followed by heavy period bleeding which is actually a miscarriage.

This is the most likely scenario for you.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I’ve had a miscarriage is there any reason you know of as to why it happened so quickly? As I said I only found out yesterday that I was pregnant and by this morning I was miscarrying.

There can be so many factors. Chemical pregnancies are very common in fact.