Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I have a non hormonal coil but was taken co cyprindol for

Customer Question

I have a non hormonal coil but was taken co cyprindol for acne which cleared it up but it made me bleed a lot. They have changed it to microgynon but I have started spotting again, what should I do
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 19 days ago.

Hi, thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with bleeding. Changing to Microgynon is a good choice in terms of bringing bleeding under control, another option is to change from copper to Mirena (hormonal) coil of course. Spotting with Microgynon is quite common and definitely so in the first month or two since staring it. It almost always does settle significantly by 3 months after starting it so I'd advise using pads if needed depending on the volume of spotting but otherwise it will settle with a little time. I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Should it help with acne too?

Yes it should, it's actually one of the best for helping with acne too so you should also receive that benefit.