Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

40 year old, 2 week late period, really bad stomach cramps,

Hi. 40 year old, 2 week late period, really bad stomach cramps, had for around week and a half. Nausea. 2 negative pregnancy test. Have had a ectopic pregnancy previous which rupture also suspected with my last child, had op etc but it was ectopic. Should I be worried? Should I contact my GP or wait a while? Thanks Louise
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Stomach cramps are a lot more than normal. My period are monthly but have been really heavy the last year if this helps
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

First I need to ask a few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns; I am preparing & typing the questions now, and I will follow up with you.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Were your previous periods regular?

When was your last menstrual period started?

Are you taking any medications, birth control?

History of unprotected sex?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Periods regular but heavy that they used to be. Last period 25th April. No medication or birth control. Had unprotected sex.

On which dates you had unprotected sex?

When you performed urine pregnancy test recently?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Don't know if it makes a difference but I lost one of my tubes when I had a ectopic pregnancy. Unfortunately I can't remember the dates I had unprotected sex but it has been twice since my last period. I took 2 tests last week one on Monday and one on Thursday.

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply to you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

Well as you describe, you should perform a urine pregnancy test tomorrow morning last time and if it would be negative then you needn't worry about ectopic pregnancy.

If it would be positive then see your doctor for serial beta HCG levels and ultrasound.

Hormone fluctuations can occur due to changes in diet, changes in sleep patterns, exercise routines, stress levels etc. It can also be caused by any new medications even over the counter supplements or any recent illnesses that can cause missed period.

Perimenopause can be another possible cause.

See your doctor.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for your help :0)

I wish you good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Hi, sorry to bother you again. I have taken another pregnancy test which has come back negative so I'm not pregnant but I still haven't started my period and I now have a lot of pain on the left hand side, the pain is mainly in the front but also so in my back. I have taken 2 paracetamol 500mg and 2 ibuprofen 200mg but it isn't working. Should I contact a doctor or is this normal for a late period?

You should contact your doctor tomorrow and an ultrasound must be done in your case.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

I wish you good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil