Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I was prescribed Provera to delay my period. I started

Hello! I was prescribed Provera to delay my period. I started taking Provera on Sunday 30th May as my period was due 2nd June but I I having uncomfortable side effects including spotting. I previously took Northisterone with no problems - can I switch from Provera to Norethisterone mid way to continue delaying my period? I have some packets at home already. Thanks!
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Yes, I am experiencing severe cramps. My periods are regular every 28 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes you can do so without problem usually --the spotting is not concerning usually.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
to confirm, I can begin taking northisterone 3x a day and discontinue the provera?

Correct

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you. This is my first time using Just Answer. Are you based in the UK and will this go on my medical record?

This will not go to your record.

I am based in US

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you very much