Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

If I have an AMH level of 0.5 will I get pregnant naturally

Customer Question

Hi If I have an AMH level of 0.5 will I get pregnant naturally and is it worth having IVF
JA: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: 45 no sysmptoms
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: Smear 2 years ago, all ok and no irregular results - FSH was 22 on day 3 of cylce
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

Do you get regular periods?

Do you have children? If so, how old are they?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
regular periods every month and dont have children already

Regular periods show that you do get ovulation from time to time.

At a AMH level of 0.5, a natural pregnancy is unlikely.

But to know if an IVF will work, you will need what is known as a Clomiphene Challenge test (CCT). In this test , you will be prescribed clomiphene and an ultrasound will be done to check if your ovaries produce follicle in response to it. If it does, you can go in for an IVF.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi I had my FSH done at day 3 of cylce which was 22 and day 21 of cycle. I know that the Day 3 FSH is high which point me into the direction we wouldnt get IVF
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have in the last year had 2 miscarriages

A high FSH indicates a low number of follicles - this would generally rule out an IVF since chances of pregnancy would be very poor.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
highly unlikely now I will fall naturally pregnant and have a successful pregnancy and no point going for IVF and wasting money either

That is true.

A natural pregnancy is unlikely. And the chances of a positive IVF is also very low.