Dr.Das
Dr.Das, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.DLO.MD
3452947

Thank you,please how can I reduce itchy body during

Customer Question

Thank you,please how can I reduce itchy body during pregnancy?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: For over two weeks now,and it's really becoming very itchy
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Keeps me up from sleep
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Das replied 7 days ago.

welcome to justanswer.com

Itching of the body during pregnancy can be due to different causes.

In most cases, it is due to dry skin - applying moisturizers will help. Also drink lots of water.

Sometimes, the itching can be due to an increase in liver enzymes - a condition called Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP) . In this case, you will need a blood test to check the liver function and will need medicines to decrease the enzyme levels.