Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

My period is due today and yesterday I had slight discharge

Customer Question

My period is due today and yesterday I had slight brown discharge in the morning and minor cramping then nothing rest of the day but then today Bled once when wiping the next time I went toilet there was absolutely nothing and the same couple times after but then had brown sticky discharge and blood but not a lot but I am trying to conceive so is there a chance of pregnancy just that it’s abit weird from what I’m used to every Month
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain and pretty regular never normally late
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

I understand your concern.

If the bleeding pattern in not what you normally experience then it could be implantation bleed and it would be wise to take a test. Around 65 percent of the women will have a positive test around the time of missed periods if they are pregnant. The percentage goes up to 95 percent , seven days after a missed period. You can take a test now and repeat it after 7 days if the first one is negative. 

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I thought it may be that but from what I’ve read implantation takes place 7-10days after fertilisation but it’s been about 2weeks could it still be that?
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Implantation occurs around the time of missed periods and it certainly can be that.