Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Hiya, I've had discharge continuously for nearly a month and

Customer Question

Hiya, I've had brown discharge continuously for nearly a month and a half. I recently got the contraceptive implant which has made my period last for 2 weeks but the brown discharge occurred before that. Can you give me any advice?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I only had pain when I first noticed it and my periods are regular other then being much longer
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Um maybe that I was sexually active when it started but I've had a general test when it first started and I don't think it's and STI
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 9 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

First I need to ask a few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns; I am preparing & typing the questions now, and I will follow up with you.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Is it foul in odor?

Are you taking any other medicines?

Vaginal itching?

Is it or heavy brown discharge?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm 19, there is no odor, I'm not on any medicines other and inhalers for asthma, no itching and it's generally light but quite dark

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply to you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thanks

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

Brown vaginal discharge can be caused by a hormonal imbalance. This can also be just an indication of old blood and it is normal.

Since you had an implant, this may be causing hormonal imbalance resulting in your symptoms which is as expected. Since you don’t have pain or discharge which may indicate that there is something wrong.

Take OTC Motrin 400 mg 3 times a day after meals to stop this brown discharge.

If it would persist then see your doctor.

Ultrasound must be done to rule out Uterine pathology like Fibroid/ Polyp.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you that's cleared up a lot!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Um where would I get the OTC Motrin?

From a nearby drug store.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yeah I just googled that thank you again

I wish you good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil