Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Medicine Doctor
6740150

I suppose to be ovulating this week. I have discharge mix

I suppose to be ovulating this week. I have brown discharge mix with some light bleeding and piano in my side also with some cramps. I took test but it's negative. What could cause it?

Hi there! I’m Dr. Josh, a Board Certified Physician with 13+ yrs. experience in clinical practice and I would serve you with care and patience.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

Please disregard any automated phone call requests as this is auto-generated and did not come from me.

Respected Customer,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Before I answer your question, I would like to get some more information:

Did you have regular periods in the past?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi thank You for Your quick response. I am not on any medication . My cycle is roughly 30 days. My period are mostly this same but last year I went through ectopic pregnancy and not sure if that's not connected with this.
I had anxiety in the past but lately I feel fine regarding this .
I just feeling tired in last few days when this spotting light bleeding started .
Thank You

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am currently preparing and typing my answer now, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Respected Customer,

I am sorry to hear about your problem and I know how worrisome this situation can be for you but hopefully, we can resolve this.

Well, such symptoms can be related with-

change in cycle length, ovulation, hormonal changes.

This can be normal and usually would not relate to any serious issue.

It is simply the endometrial cells from the previous month, which were not properly eliminated from the body.

For the time, take OTC Advil 400 mg 3 times a day.

You can follow the below measures-

-Practice Yoga and Meditation. Try to remain away from stress. Keep yourself busy with your hobbies.

-You can top up your meals with vitamin D from fatty fish, such as salmon and tuna. Sun exposure, would also be helpful. Getting enough vitamin D may also support a healthy menstrual cycle.

-You can, make sure that your diet includes green vegetables, fruits, dry fruits, red meat, fish, and foods that give you complete nutrients regularly. Soy products, legumes, flaxseed, sesame seeds, olive oil, kale, celery, and dry fruits are some of the best food sources to get estrogen.

-You can include Cinnamon in Your Diet, It helps to regulate the flow of blood and is of great help.

Please follow suggestions, as we discussed and you would get good results.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Thank you for the opportunity to help and I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank You so much for this response! Definitely I will try my best and implement this advice starting today.
I really appreciate Your help!
Thank You once again and I have a good day .

You are most welcome. Thank you.

Wishing you the very best of health!

Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.

If you still have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask. I am right here to answer you.