How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Brown Your Own Question
Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4077
Experience:  GP in Sussex
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Tim Brown is online now

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis, my daughter has

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis, my daughter has been displaying the symptoms. She started menstruation at the age of 10. I have watched her symptoms become progressively worse, now she is incapacitated every month for 2 days. She is 14 in a few weeks. We have had to call ambulance as pain relief doesn’t work. We have tried hormone treatment, this does not suit her. I personally had very bad experience. I finally managed a laparoscopy at the age of 35, I don’t want my daughter to suffer as I did, missing exams plane flights & many opportunities. She needs an endometriosis specialist Gynaecologist to do this operation. I feel a diagnosis is important. This is the only treatment that works. Endometriosis is Adhesions, so I don’t understand why nobody will do this for her. Please help as this is already interfering with her social life and schooling.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Her periods are regular. Incapacitating painful.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no . Would be great to speak with a doctor. Thank you.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. Most Gynaecology departments will have a doctor more interested in Endometriosis for which you should request your GP makes a referral.

Alternatively this can be done privately and I would be happy to look for someone if you can advise me where you are based please?